Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Hello Scotland....

I wish I had my camera with me right now. I wish you could see what I am looking at. I pulled my window shade down, I was exhausted as I boarded this plane, my 4th plane in 14 days. But then I gasped out loud when I pulled that blinder back.
I am currently flying above the UK, headed straight north towards Iverness, Scotland. And below are massive mountains and numerous hills, painted brown, decorated with lakes - with the sea to the west the rugged vastness just continues to unravel in every direction I can see.

Maybe I'm just a lost American, maybe I'm just a prideful girl. I don't know exactly what put me on this plane, all alone 3 days from my birthday heading as far north as I possible can on this small chunk of land. But honestly I have that feeling in the pit of my stomach. That same feeling I had when I was 19 on my solo venture through guatemala and Mexico. I wouldnt want to be anywhere else but in this exact spot. This adventure makes me smile like a dork and puts more butterflies in my stomach than Cupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment