Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sick in Scotland

I've been sick all day, it's no fun when you have the sniffles, but no worries I couldn't stay in bed. It is my last full day in Scotland.

This morning I sat alone, at a giant wooden table, looking out the front window, a massive arched window that opens up to the garden and woods - it was the greatest place for my porridge and figs with the leaves still in autumn colors.

Then I worked in the kitchen all morning. I made oat flapjacks in time for everyone when the came in for tea time, and then I helped with lunch (which was a quiche) and I also helped a friend bake a cake (a birthday cake, for Paul) it is an orange and almond cake covered in dark chocolate! I can't wait to try it!

this afternoon was quite lovely. I actually wish it could have lasted more than a few hours. Isabella, a woman from Portugal, 20 years my senior, a woman with wild black curly long hair streaked with Gray, she has wide loving eyes and a massive smile - I love being in her company. Anyways she and I took the car (which was an experience considering she usually drives on the right side of the road, needless to say we laughed a lot). And we headed to Findhorn, a village just down the road from us that sits right on the beach.

I fell in love instantly with this small fishing village with quaint beautiful homes, glorious gardens and numerous sail boats - it looked as if it fell out of a movie. We had fiddles playing in the background as we got lost only a couple times, driving in the last rays as the sunset turned the sky hues of blue and punches of pink, it lit up the water that caressed this small place. It was an afternoon full of mini adventures that I'll never forget.

We made it back it back to the new bold house and now I actually must dash. I'm going out for dinner, don't exactly know where or who with, but the time is coming near and I am excited to be eating.

And I'm sure I'll tell you all about it.... My last Scottish night....

No comments:

Post a Comment