Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Why hello London...

Well, it’s only my third day here in London town and I feel as if I have a lot to catch you up on! I arrived early Thursday morning, took the rest of that day pretty easy due to extreme exhaustion and than that evening Nick Mack (the bearded British gentleman I am staying with here in London) and I went to a live concert at an amazing venue. It really was a great day but I have much more to tell you about…

Friday morning Nick and I walked from his flat, through the narrow streets and through the local market to make our way to ‘Red Art’. This café blessed my first English morning with an amazing Turkish breakfast! Which could have been regarded as an omen for the rest of our day.

After that we had an amazing adventure navigating our way through a brisk, sunny London, walking our feet around the stained pavements and riding the red double-decker buses we eventually made our way through some of London’s most epic spots.

We went to Speakeasy Coffee; which is a rad shop where we made our own drip-brew coffee and was fortunate enough to taste the smoothness of a grand combination.

From there we toured more of Carnaby Street, checking out little shops. As we made our way down the hectic, people-filled street Nick lead us into Piccadilly Circus which was inspiring with its detailed architecture and statues. As we continued our journey we made our way through Trafalgar Square, the National Gallery and onto London's south bank.

The south bank easily became one of my favorite spots as it opened up to the beautiful river, The Thames, running right through London allowing you to see so much of this glorious city as if it was unfolding like the perfect display from a pop-up-book. At the south bank we ate dinner in the market, I found a little Polish stand and had some delicious eats and we treated ourselves to some divine mulled wine! Now at this point I was beyond happy, because of the market, the great treats and the incredible intoxicating atmosphere London gives off. But it didn’t take long for it to blow over…





Because right after we finished dinner I followed Nick back up to the Thames where we then ran into Big Ben and Westminster – which completely blew me away.

Some girls grow up dreaming about their wedding, about that entire day and every detail about it and when that day comes, it is exactly as they imagined… For me I grew up daydreaming about England, about Big Ben and the double decker buses, I fantasized about the fashion and the coffee and the invigorating vibe that the people of London lived in. And as I stared across the river at that massive clock shooting up in the starry night air with all its glory – it was indeed, everything I dreamed it would be. It was just as incredible, impressive and beautiful as I always knew it would be.

We closed our night by heading to a local pub in Dalston, with a glass of red wine and in good company I closed my second night in London. Knowing bigger adventures were on the horizon.


No comments:

Post a Comment