Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A normal day for me, is not so normal

    Those individuals I was talking about, those people that encouraged me to blog. Well, I am beginning to think that they wanted me to blog not because of my writing style or skill (or lack there of, depending on your opinion) but because of my life. Because, absolutely ridiculous things happen to me on a daily basis.
   I knew when I parked behind Lindsey's green buick that I would have to get up early and move my jeep before she left for work. So why I got into the shower 10 minutes before she needed to leave I have no idea. One moment I was warmly sound asleep, then showered and then the next moment I was running out to my jeep in my black uggs boots with my little red bath robe and a head wrap (shrunken towel) suffocating my head. I'm sure if any of the neighbors saw me, it was a frightening sight considering I had wrapped a green blanket around me while my face was being wrapped in a fruit extract face scrub. Yes, I am sure it was a beautiful sight. Only I would get caught running around in the front yard looking like a Christmas disaster who fell face first in the oatmeal pie.
   So, I finally get all ready to go so I begin my drive across town to my 9:00 am class. As I pass the Dude's donuts I pondered the wonderful thought of stopping for some coffee and maybe even splurging for a creme filled log. As I decide to take the responsible route and continue on my way to class, I heard the beautiful chimes of a police siren followed by the wonderful beeping to alert me that my gas tank is empty. Conclusion, of getting pulled over on the way to class ... ALWAYS, ALWAYS stop for coffee. 
   
    Evidently, I do indeed believe people wanted me to blog because of the crazy things that occur inside this life of mine. Whether, it was that time I wrecked the 4-wheeler in my coach's lawn in front of the entire football team, or that time I got kicked out of the stoner's house while snowboarding, or that other time I was standing at gun point in front of Central America's war force. It just seems that every day for 21 years I have been able to say, "did that really just happen?!" Maybe it started when I was 2 years old and broke both of my collar bones for jumping off the counter top and then jetting myself down the stairs in a car seat. I am completely an accident waiting to happen, entirely a spontaneous combustion always looking for the surprises.
     So, yes it's true I am waiting for that day when a circus of bearded men who do acrobatic stunts and travel internationally with a team of monkeys will knock on my door asking me to join them and get paid in coffee beans. Because in my life, that would happen on any regular Tuesday. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment