Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Prepare yourself East Coast, you have three western females walking on your soil





     We strapped the luggage carrier on top, with no former knowledge of how to and with more luggage than we could hold. But, Where there is a will there is a way, which has indeed become our symbol title for our little east coast journey. Which we first chose when we realized the only way the four of us and our luggage and gear would fit in my jeep would be by not only filling the luggage carrier to the limit and strapping in on the roof but also strapping Lacey's suitcase on the top bare naked, having no protection from the winds, rain and bugs. (What a good, willing, selfless, travel companion she is). The road trip to the north was straight and through only stopping for gas and bathroom breaks. We realized that although we enjoy the Pennsylvanian drivers we rather detest the toll both forms and road patterns. Only finding our dislike for them when Candice forgot to grab the ticket, having to later pay for it and when I went the wrong direction to only have to continue back west for 20 miles until I could finally turn around to head east again. You need to be a mistake-less driver in PA.
        Driving into the sunrise in Jersey was beautiful and restless. We parked in a random little kid's play area to use the baseball field's bathroom to get cleaned up and then went next door to the random seaside library to find tickets and print them off. Tickets to the land of gold that is, yes friends, we spent our first day in Jersey our first day with no sleep in Six Flags. Which none of us regret. It was continually packed with screams and laughs, filled with 'aaaahhhs' and 'aawwees' as we had our crazy hair raising times mixed in with our content, pure joy. I mean how much happier can you get when you walk around with a stretched grin plastered on your face and your hair a giant rat's nest? OH, you can get happier. A giraffe will make any individual 95.7% more happy. We took a break from the roller coasters to do a Jersey safari, which turned out to be pure magnificence. I do not lie or even exag
gerate when I say I rolled down my window, to only realize why they make the 'windows must be rolled up at all times' rule, for a full size giraffe to reach down and stick his head right inside my window. It was indeed incredible, especially when he gave my a hand a sloppy wet kiss with his long, purple tongue!

        We rested for the night at a random, not so classy hotel to wake up to pouring rain. I now sit with my legs on Seth's lap as he maps out his Europe adventure, as Candice and Lacey finish reading books and computer screens. The purple bar and the brick walls make this quaint, Indian cafe perfect to spend the afternoon in. With it's coffee and wraps and barrista  being a marvelous surprisi
ng delight to truly begin this adventure. Well, we are sitting in this brick pathed little Jersey village to only wait for Seth's plane to take off of U.S. soil so that he may cross over the pond to venture onto London. 
    I must say though, this east coast trek that Lacey, Candice and I have decided to partake in, is not going to be structured for the light-hearted. We plan on seeing everything, from the statue of liberty to quaint local coffee shops to cuban dancing rooms to Irish pubs to rock faces that cry out 'Climb me' (and Lacey is hoping for a run-in with the mafia, which with my luck will happen on Thursday)  So readers, stay tuned for this venture will indeed be packed full to the limit, because the most random, craziest things tend to happen to me and I am traveling with two of my best friends who tend to never say No and have a bone for adventure :)

2 comments:

  1. Outstanding! I can't wait to read more on the east coast adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It already sounds very exciting. I'll be following you guys. What a great idea! you are doing a great job with your blog. Keep it up and have fun.

    ReplyDelete