Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Forecast: Seasonal



As I sit in my flat with the dark of the night leaking through my window I listen as the random guitar playing from next door leaks in leisurely along with it. Can I tell you how wonderful my day was?


I began my day with errands and then met up with two girl friends. We went thrift shopping - where I found a wonderful 80's sweater full of purple and teals and beautiful fabric that I am antsy to use in my next DIY project. After 5 thrift stores and a craft store we finally made our way to 'In Food.' This precious little cafe here in J-Bay that serves the best coffee in town. I had an americano and we split a Mediterranean platter and a harvest salad platter, so delicious. Our stimulating conversation was accompanied with 'Hot Wasabi' a local band that consists of two gentlemen, one vocals/acoustic the other sax/flute/clarinet. Their music selection was mainly mused from Bob Marley - which made me smile a little more.
After my time basking in the sun and melodic music with the two lovely ladies I spent time with a dear girl from Holland; watching documentary trailers, drinking Starbucks coffee, trading stories of adventure and Einstein. We then proceeded onto her house (she's in a program called 'Surf Masters' an intensive year long program through a local church with 13 others.) In which we all ventured to a family's home for a delicious home cooked meal where I realized I'm not allergic to wheat so I indulged in pasta and succumbed to my lack of self-control and ate far too much ice cream. (definitely TOO much, considering I recently realized I'm allergic to sugar :( which is devastating me and my sweet tooth by the way.)
And I topped my day off by skyping with the infamous Kaitlin Smith and the handsome Dakota Kildoo.




Normally I feel like I'm in between dreams, or I'm at least chasing them. Recently, here in J-Bay, here with CSA, I feel as if I'm in my dream. Today with every person I spent time with, whether they be South African, American or Dutch; 18,26,28; married or single; in every conversation 'seasons' came up. These 'seasons' of life that we all get placed into, whether we leap willingly head first or we get pushed in blind-folded. Our lives are made of seasons; each season with a hardship, with a silver lining, with a goal. We've had seasons, and there are more to come. I'm just warning you, I'm doing research, thinking, reflecting on this whole 'season' thing .... And I'll get back to you. If you, dear reader, carry any insight, any questions, any reflections please respond. I'll love to read your scribbles that are the reflections of your heart and soul.

Right now a very 'light' & 'surface' view of my season: Daily Amazement and Inadequacy, Red Wine, Philosophy, Theology, Mistakes and Apologies, Dreams dissolving, Dreams dancing, Dreams developing, Inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment