Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Intro: Pipe Pilgrimage

It’s been quite a while since I last blogged. Over a month even, which is indeed quite some time. It’s not because I wasn’t stumbling across new information or didn’t have any issues that made my heart pound; no, it’s not that at all. But the past weeks have been a waiting period (just like the past 6 months). A waiting period for what I will be taking part in in 3 days. It’s not as if I have been sitting uselessly, waiting doing nothing with my time, making nothing of my time. It’s just all been, for me, too personal to jot down in some scribbled mess upon this blog of mine.

But, now I’m here, I’m back and I’m back to stay. For at least a year that is. Because I have told you in recent blogs, but let me refresh that brilliant mind of yours in case you may have lost sight of this scandalous endeavor I am partaking in. In less than a mere 62 ½ hours I will be boarding a plane that will be lifting off the Kansas City ground but it will be destined for South African soil. Because I have gotten accepted (only God knows why) for a surfing internship (because I’m from Nebraska) to do ministry (because I have a degree from Ozark, can I do anything else?) in South Africa (did you know there are white people there?) for an entire year (ok well actually just 11months).

I can’t explain to you how I feel about this grand adventure. But please, let me attempt. I am anxious. I have been preparing for this for the past 7 months; I know this is where God wants me to be for this next season, I feel so lucky and blessed to have an opportunity working with this specific organization. I am still shocked, It hasn’t hit me yet. Like I said I’ve been preparing for 7 months, I can’t believe it’s finally here. I can’t believe how lucky I am. I feel like I will still be here, in America, in normal life, this time next week. I have some fears. I’m afraid that it will be terribly hard and God will stretch me in ways I am afraid to stretch. I will miss my relationships here more than Santa Clause misses his elves on Christmas Eve Night. I am probably going to get eaten by a shark. I am happy right now where I am sitting and I am happy for where I will be sitting when the time comes, right now I'm happy in good ‘ol Lexington Nebraska. I’m glad I have a couple days left here in America, I’m glad I have some hours left with my dear family, I’m glad I’m going to South Africa; but I am going on God’s time. It has always been that way, whether I have had to wait 4 years, 7 months or 2 days.

I have to admit I am deeply going to miss America. I am sure once I have been living and breathing and eating on South African soil for a few months straight I will be writing up a list of American items that I long for. But off the top of my head I know I am going to miss snow. I love snow, full powdery snow. If I could snowboard every day on fluffy dry snow, I think I may push this surfing excursion back. I’m going to miss cowboys and Huskers and never worrying about my safety, essentially (I can’t believe I am saying this) I am going to miss the mid-west. But like I said, give me a few months I’m sure (maybe) (ok possibly) (alright, probably not) going to miss America.

My life has been full; every day of my 22 years and everyday of these past few weeks that I have been absent from this blogging world. But now dear readers (those sparse ones that I actually have, by the way thank you) I am re-opening the door. The door that says “Hello blog readers, this is my life, this is me Jordan raw and in a haphazard pile of the alphabetical letters, come in and sit for a bit, because I have loads to tell you.” :) Enjoy. For today is merely the small introduction of the 'Pipe Pilgrimage' (pipe for surfing and pilgrimage for journey) that I am stepping into full-throttle, fully-exposed, fully-about-to-drown myself into!

1 comment:

  1. This along with the few things i have watched have changed me lately.
    not because of you leaving, but because of the journey you are on in your life. the journey the people in the documentaries have been on and my (ashamed) not so exciting journey i have led. don't worry.
    with all this comes change. so when you get back... i might be a journey junkie. i might not be alive cause of the crazy stuff i am about to do.
    i don't know what that is yet.

    ReplyDelete