Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

el presidento



I'm reading Abraham Lincoln's biography currently, thanks to Sonja Ferkel. It's absolutely amazing and studpendous. I suggest you find a favorite president. A president no matter who he is or where he succeeds or fails is a leader. Has a way of making decisions that are not only wise for themselves but for a nation. Hence the suggestion that you get yourself a favorite president, read their biographies, study how they made decisions, how they faced trials and tribulations (because they all did) and their cons and pros in leadership ability. I think by studying them, wether doing in-depth research on a specific topic and looking closely as the strategy behind the process or by just reading their quotes, it will give you advice and wisdom so that you yourself can be a better leader or at least just have wise decision making habits. We all need a mentor, to be better for ourselves, to be better for others. So why not have a couple mentors, why not look to someone who is in close vicinity that gets that face-to-face time with you. But why not also have someone who is far away? So, go out readers and find your favorite president and get some wisdom!

Abraham Lincoln is my favorite by far, he was such an amazing man who did so many amazing things. A man of very few words but captured everyone when he did speak. A man who did so much for our nation and always put America ahead of himself or any individual. He
was always 5 steps ahead of everyone else, seeing the potential we carried.





Did you know they make Abraham Lincoln dolls?! I want one :)




America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abraham Lincoln

Avoid popularity if you would have peace.
Abraham Lincoln

Die when I may, I want it said by those who knew me best that I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower where I thought a flower would grow.
Abraham Lincoln

As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy.
Abraham Lincoln

As our case is new, we must think and act anew.
Abraham Lincoln

1 comment:

  1. Jordan. you are a nerd. but a very enlightening one... I now want a favorite president. But I think you took the coolest one :)

    ReplyDelete